The Official Blog of Biltmore®
- Our Team at Work
- Around the House
- Insider Tips
- The Vanderbilt Family
- New at Biltmore
- In the Historic Archives
- Things We Love
- On the Curator's Desk
Whimsical Romantic Tips
February is more than just Valentine’s Day—it’s the perfect time to let someone special know how much you care.
Whether your sweetheart prefers traditional red roses and champagne or something more whimsical, like heart-shaped yard art, we want to help you celebrate this sweet season with a host of romantic tips that are sure to please.
Ready for romance?
Here are our top 20 ideas (in no particular order) for showing your romantic side to your sweetie:
• Snuggle up for a romantic evening by the fireside with sparkling wine and dessert
• Bring or send flowers
• Cook a homemade meal/bake a special dessert
• Enjoy a nice dinner out followed by a movie, dancing, or other fun activities.
• Leave love notes for your sweetie to find
• Create a custom CD or mp3 playlist filled with romantic favorites
• Choose a unique piece of jewelry to wow your sweetheart
• Finish up those tasks around the house or run errands for your someone special
• Take a candle-lit bubble bath together, complete with flutes of bubbly
• Arrange a special trip to a cozy bed and breakfast
• Weather permitting, have a picnic in a local park (or pack a basket of goodies to enjoy in front of a roaring fire in the living room)
• Take a long walk or hike together
• Attend a wine tasting at a winery or local restaurant/bar
• Compliment your sweetie earnestly and often
• Take ballroom or salsa dance lessons together
• Sprinkle rose petals around the bedroom, bathtub, or hearth
• Volunteer a few hours of your time—together—for a cause that’s special to both of you
• Revisit the scene of one of your first dates and remember what made your romance sparkle
• Turn off the television, computer, and cell phones and have a conversation without distractions.
• Make (or purchase—we won’t judge) chocolate-covered strawberries, pop open some sparkling wine (our Biltmore Pas de Deux is perfect for the occasion), and toast the fact that the two of you are as great together as this classic pairing of fruit, chocolate, and bubbles!
We’ve also created a poll where you can vote for your favorite romantic suggestion and see how it stacks up against the others.
Romance sparkles in February
Of course, we may be a little bit biased, but we think Biltmore Wines make any occasion more romantic. Choose one of our sparkling wines, handcrafted in the traditional méthode champenoise, and raise your glass to someone special!
• Biltmore Estate Château Reserve Blanc de Blancs 2010 North Carolina: our finest sparkling, bursting with tropical and citrus flavors
• Biltmore Estate Blanc de Blancs: Good acidity and balance complemented by hints of lemon, apple, and pear
• Biltmore Estate Brut: good balance of citrus and strawberries with hints of honey and apricot
• Biltmore Estate Blanc de Noir: crisp with a delightful light pink hue and flavors of cherries and strawberries
• Biltmore Estate Sec: a lingering sweetness gives way to a luscious and fruity wine with a strawberry bouquet
• Biltmore Estate Pas de Deux: a pleasantly fruit-forward sparkling for everyone to enjoy
Learn more about our sparkling wines here.Return to Blog