College and University Horticulture Internship Program
- 8,000-acre travel destination with over one million visitors per year
- Five unique horticulture areas
- Historic gardens
- Grounds maintenance
- Field to table production
- An opportunity to learn additional aspects of labor management, project management, budget management, enhance your people skills, and ROI analysis.
- Field trips to local arboretums, gardens, and nurseries
- Paid internships
- Weekly pay
Biltmore offers outstanding horticulture internship opportunities for college students to further their classroom knowledge, gain valuable practical knowledge, and improve their leadership skills. Each intern will specialize in one of nine horticulture internship areas throughout the property. These paid internship opportunities range from 3 months to 6 months and are available during most semesters. Housing is not provided.
Our programs provide students with opportunities to:
- Apply classroom knowledge to daily horticulture operations
- Increase future employment potential
- Build self-confidence and professional skills through our Biltmore Center for Professional Development
- Rotate to other areas of horticulture for a broader aspect of the profession
Program participants provide Biltmore with:
- Source of highly-skilled and motivated potential employees
- Opportunity to fill employment needs
- New ideas and initiative
- Completed project
Interested students must meet all criteria listed below. Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate, undergraduate, or associate program at an accredited college or university.
- Receiving credit hours for the internship experience during the semester of placement with The Biltmore Company.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Please Note: Applications will be forwarded for consideration only if:
- The specific internship position being applied for is posted.
- Student applicants meet all criteria listed above.
Read what former interns are saying.
View internship areas.
See current job listings.