Movies Filmed at Biltmore
Lights, camera, action! It’s a common phrase heard on the estate, as Biltmore has served as the setting for some of Hollywood’s biggest hits. See if you can spot the estate in these popular films:
- Tap Roots, 1948: Van Heflin and Susan Haywood star in this oddball adventure.
- The Swan, 1956: Starring Grace Kelly, a fairytale comes to life as a princess is courted by a commoner.
- Being There, 1979: Regarded as Peter Sellers’ last great screen performance, he takes a turn as a simple gardener who rises to great political heights.
- The Private Eyes, 1980: Tim Conway and Don Knotts search for clues in this whodunnit mystery.
- Mr. Destiny, 1990: Jim Belushi portrays a high-school baseball championship strikeout who muddles along until he receives a little help from Michael Caine.
- The Last of the Mohicans, 1992: Daniel Day-Lewis and Madeleine Stowe bring James Fenimore Cooper’s novel to the silver screen.
- Richie Rich, 1994: Macaulay Culkin portrays the comic book billionaire.
- Forrest Gump, 1994: Tom Hanks changes history as a mild mannered man.
- My Fellow Americans, 1996: Jack Lemmon, James Garner, and Dan Akroyd duel it out in the political comedy.
- Patch Adams, 1998: Robin Williams portrays a rural doctor in the 1950s.
- Hannibal, 2000: Anthony Hopkins stars in the sequel to “The Silence of the Lambs.”
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green, 2012: Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton star in this magical story of a childless couple that finds a mysterious child.