Apple Bacon Cornbread Stuffing Muffins
Biltmore Beaded Collection Bowl
Add an extra sparkle to your presentation by serving in our bowl made from handcrafted polished aluminum. Part of our Beaded Collection by Belk.
See All Recipes
CUSTOMER REVIEWS - Be the first to submit a review
Keep family and guests coming back for more when you serve these sweetly savory cornbread muffins to complement your Easter ham. (Better make a double batch!)
Serves 12 Muffins
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups white bread cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups cornbread cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup chopped uncooked bacon
- 2 cups Granny Smith apple peeled and diced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves stems removed
- 3 cups strong turkey or chicken stock
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter for muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and thoroughly butter a 12 cup muffin pan.
Place a skillet over medium heat, and add the bacon. Sauté until almost brown, then add the apples, onions and celery. Sauté until soft, 4-5 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, all herbs, and stock. Add the white bread and cornbread cubes and stir gently to combine, then mix in the beaten eggs and shredded cheese.
Use a ¾ cup scoop to portion the mixture into the muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes. Then run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin cup and lift the muffin out with the knife. Serve warm.