Tomatillo Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak
Artisan Serveware Collection
Serve this tasty recipe on our new hand crafted Artisan Collection and bring stunning design and elegance to any occasion.
See All Recipes
CUSTOMER REVIEWS - Be the first to submit a review
This is a tasty summer steak that is great for two people or for a party. The Tomatillo “salsa” that marinates the steak can be used on any of your favorite steaks. It especially works well with thin, quick cooking steaks.
Preparation Time: 1-3 hours, Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
- 10 fresh tomatillos - husk removed & quartered
- 8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 large shallot - peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional; can use more or less)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro - stems & leaves
- 1 bunch parsley - stems & leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 green onions - roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds trimmed skirt steak
- (You can also substitute 4 8-ounce rib-eyes)
Optional Garnish Ingredients
- Fresh heirloom tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup for garnish.
In a large ziplock bag, cover the steak with the marinade and allow to marinate for 1-3 hours.
Grill steaks on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Slice and top with a little of the reserved salsa.
Garnish with fresh heirloom tomatoes, dressed in lemon juice and olive oil, for a light summer dish.