Take to the Trails
Experience the breathtaking grounds of the estate from a different perspective on our many miles of biking trails. Choose from our well-marked woodland trails for a more challenging ride, or a more leisurely ride on our paved trail along the French Broad River. Bring your own bike or rent one from us.
Biltmore’s Bike Barn, located on the second floor of Antler Hill Barn, is your one-stop location for all things biking. The Bike Barn is now open through the end of the year (weather permitting).
Contact the Outdoor Center for trail and rental information at 800-411-3812.
Bike Trail Pass
Guests with their own bikes must register at the Bike Barn before their ride to pick up their daily trail pass. Your bike pass includes access to all of our Biltmore bike trails for the day, a trail orientation, and a map of the trails. Cost: $5.00 per guest, in addition to estate admission.
Bike rentals are available at the Bike Barn and will include a bicycle, helmet, trail map, orientation, and basic instruction.
$15 - 1 hour on single speed beach cruiser (for paved path only).
$30 adult, $20 youth (12 and younger) - up to 4 hours hybrid or mountain bike rental (for all biking trails).
$50 - tandem bike (must have at least one adult).
$60 adult, $40 youth (12 and younger) - up to 8 hours hybrid or mountain bike rental (for all biking trails).
$10 - Trailer or tag-a-long attachment for youth (to be attached to a hybrid or mountain bike).
Fees are in addition to estate admission.
Guided Bike Ride
48-hour reservation required. Call 800-411-3812 to reserve.
Let one of our knowledgeable guides design a biking adventure for you.
Cost: $40 per person for two hours, in addition to estate admission. Add a bike rental for $30. Longer rides can be customized upon request.
- Biking is not allowed on Biltmore’s paved driving roads for the safety of our guests. The majority of Biltmore’s trail system is packed gravel and dirt.
- Guests bringing their own bike are required to check in at the Bike Barn prior to riding to purchase your trail pass and to receive a detailed trail orientation, including a map of the designated trails.
- The bike trail pass fee is waived for Inn guests and Explore Biltmore and Equestrian Twelve-Month Passholders. Inn guests and Explore Biltmore and Equestrian Twelve-Month Passholders are still required to check in at the Bike Barn prior to riding to pick up a complimentary trail pass and and to receive a trail map and orientation.
- Bike rentals are available daily at the Bike Barn, depending on weather. Bike rentals are first-come, first-served. No reservation required.
- Bring your water bottle, sunscreen, and comfortable biking clothes.
- Helmets are required when riding on Biltmore, and are provided with rentals.
- A parent or guardian must accompany youth under 18 years old, and sign their liability release.
- Access to trails is limited and weather dependent.
- For more information call 800-411-3812.
Explore Biltmore Pass
An Explore Biltmore Pass provides all the benefits of a Twelve-Month Pass, plus access to estate bicycle trails at no additional cost, and discounts on select outdoor experiences. This discount benefit may be extended to one non-passholder guest. Guest must have estate admission.
Purchase an Explore Biltmore Pass: Adults $149.00 (Buy Online or call 800-411-3812.)