Play in Our 8,000-acre Backyard
Our Blue Ridge backyard is the perfect playground for outdoor adventurers, intrepid explorers, and family fun seekers.
From its gentle garden paths to over 100 miles of riding trails, Biltmore is the ultimate outdoor getaway. Click here to view an interactive map of the estate »
Start off on the right foot by making reservations now at our four-star Inn on Biltmore Estate. It is the only hotel on the property and it’s located near our Outdoor Adventure Center. Consider our exciting Trails & Targets Package. You’ll get to see a side of Biltmore that many guests never know is there! From a two-hour Land Rover lesson with off-road obstacles to a two-hour sporting clays lesson where you learn the techniques of shooting clay targets – this is an adventure to remember.
An Adventure In History
Begin your day at Biltmore House.
- If you haven’t already booked your outdoor activities online, take advantage of the Guest Services Station in the Stable Hallway at Biltmore House to inquire about availability of outdoor activities for the following day. (Some activities require a reservation 24 hours in advance.)
- Purchase our Audio Tour Guide (included in some inn packages), which covers all rooms open to the public in Biltmore House. Be sure to check out each in-depth information audio stop for more details on the Vanderbilt family and life on the estate.
- Allow plenty of time to enjoy the tour—particularly the Basement, which includes a bowling alley, indoor swimming pool, and a fully equipped gymnasium for guests who enjoyed recreational sports. Be sure to ask our Guest Relations Hosts any questions you may have.
Enjoy lunch at Stable Café before setting out on our Legacy of the Land Tour. You’ll travel across the estate via motor coach, learning more about the history of the land itself and Vanderbilt’s vision for Biltmore.
After your tour, stroll through the “outdoor rooms” designed by landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. From the Library Terrace all the way to the Bass Pond, walk at your own pace and experience a series of formal and informal gardens—each with its own story to tell.
Enjoy an early dinner in the elegant surroundings of the Bistro, then get a good night’s sleep to be ready for your next day.
Gear Up And Go!
Next morning, enjoy our Chef’s breakfast buffet at the inn (included in some packages) before heading to Antler Hill Village, where our agricultural history and our legacy of hospitality and entertaining come together for today’s guests.
The Outdoor Adventure Center beckons. Check-in for the lessons and outdoor activities that you arranged the previous day. Favorites include river float trips, Segways, and Land Rover Driving Adventures. If you chose our Land Rover Package, it includes:
- Two-hour lesson at the Land Rover Experience Driving School
- Two-hour Land Rover trail ride
- Special Land Rover gift
Afterwards, consider a casual lunch at Cedric’s Tavern and check out the archival photographs related to the Vanderbilt’s favorite family pet—a St. Bernard named Cedric.
Experience an intimate look at historic Biltmore and the family that created it with The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad, our new exhibition at the Biltmore Legacy in Antler Hill Village. Included in your Biltmore admission, this exhibition sheds light on the time that the Vanderbilts spent together at Biltmore and beyond.
Relax at the Winery with a guided tour and complimentary wine tasting.
Return to the inn to indulge in a visit to The Spa. Soothe away the day’s activity with our Revitalizing Package featuring Swedish Massage, Invigorating Foot Scrub, and a Relief & Renew body treatment.
Now that you’re refreshed and relaxed, enjoy a truly elegant dinner in The Dining Room.
There’s so much to explore outdoors at Biltmore that you may want to return again and again. Consider purchasing our Explore Biltmore Twelve–Month Pass, which allows you to come as often as you like in every season, and offers great discounts on outdoor activities. You can buy the pass online, at our Reservation and Ticket Center, or upgrade to a pass from your daily admission ticket at any Guest Services Station.