Fun for the Whole Family
George Vanderbilt's daughter, Cornelia Vanderbilt, spent her childhood exploring and playing at Biltmore. More than a century later, Biltmore is the perfect place for families to make memories that last a lifetime.
Explore a Castle
Completed in 1895, George Vanderbilt's 250-room chateau is as impressive today as it was 100 years ago. It's truly an architectural and historical wonder. We have many ways you can immerse your family in this incredible place, and engage your kids in learning about this era in fun ways.
- Take a Guided Specialty Tour
- Enjoy a delicious meal at the Stable Café or a Light Bite
(Kids menus available)
- Ice Cream Parlor: Savor hand-scooped ice cream, milkshakes, sundaes, and drinks
- Confectionary: Delight in sweet temptations such as chocolates and unique candies
- Toymaker's: Shop for old-fashioned toys and games
Antler Hill Village
- Get lost (for a while) in the Children's Maze
- Dance in the grass to the Live Music
- Jump for joy at the Grape Stomp for kids during Fridays after Five
- Cool off with delicious treats from our Creamery
- Learn even more at our Biltmore Legacy exhibition
- Stay a little longer and have dinner at the Bistro or Cedric's Tavern
Be a Farmer for a Day
The Farm in Antler Hill Village has something for everyone. Whether you have a little one in tow or are just a kid at heart, this is must-see destination.
- Pet and admire farmyard animals including chickens, goats, horses, sheep, and more
- Explore and climb on antique tractors and wagons
- Play with toys and games from the 1800s
- Watch a video in the Barn about life on the estate
- Participate in fun daily crafts like churning butter or making a basket
- See fascinating demonstrations by our blacksmith, woodworker, beekeeper, and others!
Play in one of America's largest backyards! Wee ones and bigger kids can burn off energy and soak up the sunshine with these great ideas.
- Enjoy our Gardens and remember the best games aren't played on a screen
- Get out in nature with family bike rentals
- Relax in a Carriage ride and watch the world go by
- Take an unforgettable guided Horseback trail ride through beautiful woodlands
- See the grounds in a modern fun Segway tour
- Watch the world sliding by on a River float trip
- Get wet and fish with a 2 hour Kid's Fly Fishing lesson
- Drive over the terrain in a fun Kid's Land Rover ride
- Bring your own picnic and games to enjoy on the estate
- And More!
Visit our family tips page for more on making the most of your family visit.