Serving the Customers and Community: Client of the Quarter, Carport Central
All Things Biltmore • 01/15/20
Written By Brooke Collins
In our second instillation of “Client of the Quarter”, we are featuring incredible client who has used Biltmore best practices to create positive change in their organization. For this quarter, congratulations to Carport Central, this quarter’s Client of the Quarter!
Carport Central: Challenges & Opportunities
Carport Central is one of the leading dealers of carports and metal buildings, known for both exceptional customer service and shorter lead times. They strive to listen to customers and ensure that all their needs are met, while also staying within each person’s budget. Located in Mount Airy, North Carolina, they employee around 100 employees while being one of the nation’s largest online dealers of metal buildings
While Carport Central is known for great customer service already, they wanted to find additional ways to become a leader in the industry and strive for excellence in their business. They always aim to grow, learn, and be better.
- Becoming more in-tune with customers’ needs and wants
- Creating a standard training program for staff focused around company service standards where all employees are speaking the same customer service language
- Better ability to listen to customers, understand them, and truly find out what they want and need
- Find additional ways to be better; to serve the community and the companies purpose to go above and beyond for others.
After engaging with Biltmore Center for Professional Development in The Art of Customer Service Partnership Program, Carport Central has taken many of the learnings back to their company and has seen many incredible results which include:
- The development of a comprehensive six-week training program for all employees on customer service standards.
- Constant rave reviews left online from customers and an excellent reputation in the community.
- Increased employee interaction with customers and really getting in-tune with customers’ needs and wants.
- Winner of the 2019 BBB Torch Award for Ethics, an award that honors companies that demonstrates best practices, leadership, social responsibility, and high standards for organizational ethics.
- Winner of the Triad’s 50 fastest growing companies for 2019
Biltmore Center for Professional Development engaged with Carport Central through our day-long Partnership Program hosted at Surry Community College. In this training, Carport Central worked through the following:
- Carport Central Employees attended full-day The Art of Customer Service Partnership Program hosted at Surry Community College.
- In this training, Carport Central was exposed to Biltmore’s service standards and crafted their own service standards to integrate into their own culture.
- One year later, some of the team returned for a day-long Strategic Storytelling Partnership program also held at Surry Community College.
- From this training, they designed and implemented their own six-week training program to implement onsite after the training.
Carport Central is continuing to grow and thrive and become a leader in their industry and we are excited to see the growth that 2020 brings for their business.
If you’d like to learn more about Carport Central, you can reach their team directly at (980) 321-9898.
At Biltmore Center for Professional Development, our team is passionate about helping companies differentiate and become leaders in their industries by sharing our best practices backed by over 120 years of proven success.
If your organization is facing similar opportunities, we would be honored to help guide you. To speak with a member of our team about training opportunities, simply inquire or give us a call for a need’s analysis at (828) 233-1259.