Belk Adds New Cookware, Serveware, Bedding and More to Popular Biltmore Collection
Belk, Inc., the nation's largest privately-owned department store company, is expanding its popular Biltmore collection this spring with a variety of stylish new serveware, cookware, bedding and skincare products.
Inspired by the gracious elegance of Biltmore, the grand estate built by George Vanderbilt in Asheville, N.C. in 1895, Belk's Biltmore For Your Home and Biltmore Bath and Body lines include a full range of exclusive luxury products for every corner of the home. Belk originally joined Biltmore as a licensing partner in 2005, and the program has grown to be Biltmore's most complete offering.
"The response to our Biltmore lines has been tremendously positive, and the program continues to grow stronger year after year," said Chris Eliason, Vice President of Product Development for Belk. "Customers love the classic styling, incredible quality and unmatched value offered by all our Biltmore products."
"Through its proprietary Biltmore collection, Belk offers consumers an affordable way to bring the warm, welcoming spirit of the Biltmore experience into their own homes," said Tim Rosebrock, Vice President and General Manager of Biltmore's licensing division. "These products embody the spirit of hospitality and timeless beauty for which Biltmore is known, updated in a way that is perfect for today's lifestyles."
This spring, Belk is offering a number of new Biltmore For Your Home products in its stores and on its website. New additions include:
- Biltmore For Your Home Ruffle Collection of metal serveware includes a two-tier server, chip and dip set, cake stand, 12-inch bowl and rectangular platter. Transitionally styled, the collection features a distinctive wave design. Retail prices range from $50 to $72 per piece.
- Biltmore For Your Home 10-piece Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookware Set ($200 retail). The set includes a 1.5-quart covered saucepan, 2-quart covered saucepan, 3.5-quart covered saute pan, 6-quart covered Dutch oven, 8-inch fry pan and 9.5-inch fry pan. Features include vented, tempered glass lids and double-pour spouts. Pieces sport a brilliant satin finish on the interior and mirror finish on the exterior.
- Biltmore For Your Home 11-piece Tri-Ply Cookware Collection ($360 retail) provides the ultimate cooking experience with its top-quality, full-clad construction. A heavy gauge aluminum core surrounded by two layers of stainless steel ensures even, quick heating, and a transparent, vented lid releases steam and enables food to be monitored without losing heat. Additional open-piece options include a 1.5-quart covered sauce pot ($44), 12-quart covered stock pot ($120) and 2.375-quart covered sauce pot ($60).
- Biltmore For Your Home Elizabethan Bedding Collection ($308 retail). Inspired by the Walled Garden at Biltmore, Elizabethan is a lovely floral bedding ensemble with a meandering vine motif. Previously offered only in select stores, this set’s availability has been expanded due to enthusiastic customer response. The 100-percent cotton set includes a comforter, bedskirt and sham.
- Biltmore For Your Home Whitney Quilt Collection is inspired by the playful floral design found on the Waston Room’s beds where Biltmore founder George Vanderbilt's niece spent Christmas in 1895. The Whitney Collection features a gorgeous embroidered quilt in 100-percent cotton ($200 retail). Also available on an open-stock basis are a coordinating gold, multi-stripe bedskirt, euro shams and decorative bed pillows.
- Biltmore For Your Home Legacy Towels offer enhanced absorbency and an exquisite hand-feel thanks to the use of MicroCotton's proprietary Hydratex yarns. In 100-percent cotton, the Legacy line includes a bath towel ($18), hand towel ($15) and washcloth ($12) in 10 colors — Pale Silver, White, Parchment, Latte, Simple Tan, Go Green, Blue Room, Blue Aqua, Dusty Iris and Spin Yellow.
- Biltmore For Your Home Century Towels feature Spot Stop technology that resists fading, discoloration and spotting from chemicals found in most skincare products, dental whiteners and acne creams. In 100 percent cotton, the Century line includes a bath towel ($15), hand towel ($12) and washcloth ($9) in 15 colors — White, Ivory, Apricot, Wern Brown, Port, Ensign, Blue Nile, Baby Blue, Chalk Violet, Slate, Pine, Epsom Green, Quiet Green, Yellow and Sugar Coral.
- Biltmore For Your Home 610-Tread Count Flexi-Fit Sheet Sets. Made of 100 percent Egyptian cotton, these easy-care sheets provide high-quality comfort with an ultra-smooth softness and feel. The sheets feature Flexi-Fit panels that allow the fitted sheet to fit snug on a mattress from eight to 18 inches thick. A queen set is priced at $145 retail; a pillowcase set is $45. Colors include White, Parchment, Tile Tan, Pewter, Glory Red, Latte, Desert Gold, Asparagus and Blue Clay. Twin and full sizes are available in White and Parchment; open-stock pillowcase sets are available in White, Parchment and Tile Tan.
- Biltmore For Your Home 300-Thread Count Damask Scroll Down Alternative Comforter ($170 for full and queen) features an elegant white damask design with silver cording motif. It is available with a coordinating Memorelle Pillow ($36, jumbo) and mattress pad ($120, queen).
- Biltmore For Your Home 350-Thread Count Terrace Collection Down Alternative Comforter ($170 for full and queen) features a lovely white with blue trim design and is available with a coordinating pillow ($32, jumbo).
- The Biltmore Bath and Body line expands this spring with two new fragrances — Vanilla Jasmine and Amber Musk. Vanilla Jasmine features top notes of luscious fruits blended with sweet vanilla and middle notes of jasmine. Amber Musk, alluring for both ladies and gentlemen, features top notes of citrus lime and mandarin orange and middle notes of basil and thyme. Both scents are available in shower gel, body lotion, hand wash, hand cream and trial size. Prices range from $8 for the hand wash to $12 for lotions and hand creams.
About Biltmore For Your Home
Located in Asheville, N.C., Biltmore was the vision of George W. Vanderbilt. Designed by Richard Morris Hunt, America's largest home is a 250-room French Renaissance chateau, exhibiting the Vanderbilt family's original collection of furnishings, art and antiques. Biltmore encompasses more than 8,000 acres, including renowned gardens designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the father of American landscape architecture.
Launched in 1990, Biltmore's home products division has grown to be a highly recognized brand, drawing on the historical treasures and inspiration found in Biltmore House and gardens. More than 12,000 retailers currently sell Biltmore for Your Home and Biltmore Chateau Reserve products. Distribution channels include furniture stores, department stores, custom frame shops, designers and architects, lighting showrooms, garden centers, floor covering retailers and grocery stores. To learn more about Biltmore's licensing division, visit www.bringbiltmorehome.com or learn more about the rich history of Biltmore For Your Home.
About Belk, Inc.
Based in Charlotte, NC, Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation's largest family-owned and operated department store company with 301 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, NC, the company is in the third generation of Belk family leadership and has been committed to community involvement since its inception. Each year, Belk gives a portion of its pretax income back to the communities it serves. In fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the company and its associates, customers and vendors, donated more than $18 million to those communities. Belk.com offers a wide assortment of national brands and private label fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home.