Welcome Back, Passholders!
We are excited to offer the first phase of reopening Biltmore—access to our glorious gardens and grounds—to local members of our Passholder family beginning Saturday, May 9.
Advance Reservations to Enter the Estate are Required
In consideration of the social distancing and mass gathering mandates, we are monitoring access to our gardens and outdoor park spaces. Visitation is limited to Passholders who reside in Western North Carolina.
At this time, you are welcome to drive your vehicle by Biltmore House and through the gardens. Explore our grounds’ miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails, and enjoy Antler Hill Village’s select shopping and takeout dining options.
Here’s what you’ll need for your visit:
- Your estate entry reservation: please make your reservation prior to arrival. Please Note:
- Adult Passholder may make ONE Adult Passholder reservation at a time.
- Each Adult Passholder may make a reservation that includes the Adult Passholder and up to five Youths/Children (16 years of age and younger).
- Please make ONE reservation for your entire party, unless your party includes another Adult Passholder. In that case, the other Adult Passholder must make their own reservation.
- Your Pass and your estate entry reservation ticket: please present these at our Admissions Gate for scanning. Plan to arrive at your reserved estate entry time.
- Your own face covering: it is recommended that you wear a face covering when around others and distancing is not possible.
- Credit, debit, or Biltmore Gift Cards: we are accepting cashless payment methods only during this time.
Hours of Operation
Welcome Center: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Admissions Gate: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Gardens & Grounds: 9 a.m. – Dusk
Village Farmyard: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Creamery: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Kitchen Café: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Kitchen Café Menu
Carry-Out: Place and pick up your order at the Kitchen Café counter located in the Village Hotel Lobby
Pre-Order: Place an order for a future date by calling 828-257-5967
A Gardener’s Place: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wine Shop: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Village Hotel is now accepting reservations for May 9–21 stays for:
- leisure travel from guests residing within the 828 area code
- non-leisure travel (for business or an event) from guests residing outside of the 828 area code
Antler Hill Village near Outfitters
To help us keep our guests and employees safe, we ask that you please:
- Follow CDC health & safety guidelines:
- It is recommended that you wear a face covering when around others and distancing is not possible.
- Always keep at least 6 feet between you and others.
- Gatherings or groups of more than 10 people are prohibited.
- Follow proper hand washing guidelines.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Be courteous on trails and walkways and allow ample space for passing and social distancing.
- Stay home if you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID19.
Why is the estate only open to Biltmore Annual Passholders in Western North Carolina, and which counties does that include?
Buncombe County currently has a travel restriction in place; in alignment with that mandate, we are offering the first stage of our reopening to Passholders in Western North Carolina.
WNC Counties include: Alexander, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey.
Can I drive through the gardens?
Yes! During this time, you are welcome to drive your personal vehicle through our gardens, including the Azalea Garden, Bass Pond, and Lagoon areas, as well as to Antler Hill Village to access our trails and select take-out dining and shopping options.
Can I arrive without a reservation time?
No. Estate entry is reservation-only at this time. Per state and local mandates regarding social distancing and mass gatherings, we must limit estate capacity and monitor guest entry to the gardens and grounds.
Is the house open?
No, at this time, Biltmore House is not open for guests. We look forward to welcoming you to the house in our next phase of reopening, the date of which has yet to be determined.
May I bring someone who is not a Passholder?
No. The estate is open exclusively to Passholders and their children, 16 years of age and under, at this time. Per state and local mandates regarding social distancing and mass gatherings, we must limit estate capacity and monitor guest entry to the gardens and grounds.
Is Shuttle Service available?
No. Per state and local guidelines, shuttles are unavailable at this time. Estate roads are open to personal vehicles.
Is ADA parking available?
ADA parking is available in Lot B and behind A Gardener’s Place.
We are deeply grateful for the key role our Passholders play in supporting our mission: the preservation of one of America’s most beloved national treasures.
We look forward to welcoming you to the estate.