Mixed Greens Salad with Cajun Smoked Salmon
Featured Biltmore Gourmet Ingredient
Biltmore Hot Smoked Salmon Cajun Style
Elevate this recipe to the next level with our Cajun Style Smoked Salmon, encrusted with Cajun spices and herbs chosen to enhance the “joie de vivre”(joy of living).
See All Recipes
CUSTOMER REVIEWS - Be the first to submit a review
Jazz up a salad of fresh greens with tasty Biltmore Smoked Salmon.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange and lime zests
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces of Biltmore Cajun Smoked Salmon
- 6 cups of spinach and spring lettuce mix - washed
- 1 yellow pepper - chopped
- 1 orange pepper - chopped
- 1 red pepper (sweet) - chopped
- Grape tomatoes
- Carrot shavings
Salad Vinaigrette: In a small saucepan, reduce (over high heat) the fresh orange juice, lime juice, and citrus zest to 1/4 cup. The mixture should be thick and syrupy. Pour mixture into a medium bowl, add mustard, honey, and rice wine vinegar. Whisk to blend. Stir vigorously and slowly drizzle olive oil into the bowl as you whisk. Set vinaigrette aside as you prepare the salad.
Salad: In a large bowl, combine spinach and lettuce mix, peppers, grape tomatoes and carrot shavings. Toss lightly with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Make sure all is well blended. Plate salad mixture and top with 2.5 oz. of salmon. Serve immediately.
Tip: To save time on preparation, make vinaigrette in advance or use your favorite vinaigrette dressing from your local grocery store.