Biltmore In The News
More From Biltmore 09/28/15
Written By Leeann Donnelly
Biltmore has the extreme fortune of receiving media attention from outlets that broadcast and publish all over the world. That coverage enables us to reach future guests – and former guests – with an invitation to come visit, and amplifies our ability to let people know of the experience that awaits them when they arrive on the property.
Going forward, we will share with you a monthly “Biltmore In The News” snapshot of recent news coverage. To get started, we’ve cobbled a list of our most recent media “hits,” with a comment or two about the story.
· Forbes (Sept. 27, 2015) – “Inside Biltmore: America's Grandest House, In Delightful Asheville, North Carolina.” This story provides a concise overview of touring Biltmore and the grounds, with tips on how to make the most of a day’s visit.
· Charlotte Parent Magazine (July 1) – “Explore the wonder of Biltmore House this summer with kids”
· Condé Nast Traveler.com (July 29) – “The 30 best small cities in America.” Asheville, N.C., the estate’s hometown, regularly receives coverage as a travel destination. Many Asheville stories include details about Biltmore.
· Elle Décor.com – “Do you remember these iconic American homes?” Biltmore finds itself in a variety of topic categories, including decorating.
· Fine Gardening Magazine (May 31) and American Rose Magazine (June 1) – Biltmore hosts the Biltmore International Rose Trials each spring. Announcements of the winning roses occur in many garden media outlets as well as general consumer media.
· HGTV Gardens.com – “Biltmore azaleas.” We have hosted crews from HGTV many times, and we appreciate their continued interest in our historic gardens. The Azalea Garden was the star of this feature, which is no surprise. Peak azalea bloom is magical.
· Style Me Pretty.com (March 25) – “Regal + Romantic Biltmore Estate Wedding.” Style Me Pretty is a blog dedicated to weddings. Biltmore weddings have received attention time and again from bridal magazines and blogs like this one.
· Town & Country Magazine (July 1) – “The most luxurious wedding venues in the world.” Much like the Style Me Pretty placement, Biltmore captured the imagination of the editors at Town & Country.
· Travel Channel.com – Daily Escape feature: Inn on Biltmore Estate. We work frequently with Travel Channel, and are honored that they highlighted the Inn in their regular Daily Escape feature.
· USA Today.com (May 11) – “’Downton Abbey’ summers at the Biltmore.” USA Today’s reach is vast, and we appreciate their continued interest in Biltmore. Here they discussed our “Dressing Downton” exhibition, which brought us many guests.