Celebrating special anniversaries with Biltmore wines
If you’d like to say “happy anniversary!” with Biltmore wines, we have perfect pairings for many milestone years.
People have been giving special gifts to commemorate special wedding anniversaries since the Middle Ages, including the giving of silver wreaths for the 25th and gold wreaths for the 50th.
In 1922, Emily Post’s Etiquette, the ultimate book on good manners and proper social behavior, suggested gifts for a couple’s first wedding anniversary, then moved on in five-year increments.
Miss Post’s list is still considered the traditional standard for wedding gifts, so we’ve assembled a Biltmore-inspired gift list featuring some pivotal celebration ideas:
One Year: PAPER
- Give a gift membership to our Vanderbilt Wine Club! Although the real gift is wine, your recipients will receive a special insert with a letter from our winemaker, wine notes, recipes, and more with each shipment.
5 Years: WOOD
- Enlighten your significant other with a gift of the Olmsted Lamp—a one-of-a-kind expression of elegant style inspired by the estate’s iconic wisteria vines. Pair it with our rustic Biltmore Estate Limited Release Mourvédre, an intriguing and distinctive red wine.
10 Years: TIN / ALUMINUM
- Although finished in Copper or Brass, our exceptional Diana Oval Trays feature carefully-crafted aluminum construction. Bring out a bottle of our refreshing and unexpectedly creamy Biltmore Estate Limited Release Sauvignon Blanc and let the celebration begin!
20 Years: CHINA
- Celebrate 20 years of commitment with the sophisticated simplicity of our bone china Royal Crown Derby for Biltmore Floral Asian Sandwich Tray inspired by George and Edith Vanderbilt’s gracious hospitality—plus a bottle of our smooth Biltmore Reserve North Carolina Chardonnay crafted from estate grown grapes.
25 Years: SILVER
- Mark the occasion with exclusive, estate-inspired sterling silver jewelry designs from the elegant Southern Gates Collection—then add a wine as complex and expressive as your relationship: our elegant Vanderbilt Reserve Pinot Noir Russian River Valley.
50 Years: GOLD
- For a golden anniversary celebration you’ll never forget, go for the gold with our estate-inspired Imperial Dragon Lamp in Antique Gold Leaf finish, then uncork the “gold standard” of sparkling wines—our Biltmore Estate Château Reserve Blanc de Blancs North Carolina—or discover our Biltmore Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. Both have been gold medal winners in prestigious competitions.
Say “Happy Anniversary!” with Biltmore Wines
When you’re ready to say “Happy Anniversary!” to someone special, choose the perfect gift that shows how much you care with our award-winning Biltmore wines.