Whimsical Romantic Tips
All Things Biltmore • 01/27/13
Written By Sharon Fenchak
February is more than just Valentine's Day—it's the perfect time to let someone special know how much you care! Whether your sweetheart prefers traditional red roses and champagne or something more whimsical, like heart-shaped yard art, we want to help you celebrate this sweet season with a host of romantic tips that are sure to please.
Ready for romance
Here are our top 20 ideas (in no particular order) for showing your romantic side to your sweetie:
• Snuggle up for a romantic evening by the fireside with sparkling wine and dessert
• Bring or send flowers
• Cook a homemade meal/bake a special dessert
• Enjoy a nice dinner out followed by a movie, dancing, or other fun activities.
• Leave love notes for your sweetie to find
• Create a custom CD or mp3 playlist filled with romantic favorites
• Choose a unique piece of jewelry to wow your sweetheart
• Finish up those tasks around the house or run errands for your someone special
• Take a candle-lit bubble bath together, complete with flutes of bubbly
• Arrange a special trip to a cozy bed and breakfast
• Weather permitting, have a picnic in a local park (or pack a basket of goodies to enjoy in front of a roaring fire in the living room)
• Take a long walk or hike together
• Attend a wine tasting at a winery or local restaurant/bar
• Compliment your sweetie earnestly and often
• Take ballroom or salsa dance lessons together
• Sprinkle rose petals around the bedroom, bathtub, or hearth
• Volunteer a few hours of your time—together—for a cause that’s special to both of you
• Revisit the scene of one of your first dates and remember what made your romance sparkle
• Turn off the television, computer, and cell phones and have a conversation without distractions.
• Make (or purchase—we won’t judge) chocolate-covered strawberries, pop open some sparkling wine (our Biltmore Pas de Deux is perfect for the occasion), and toast the fact that the two of you are as great together as this classic pairing of fruit, chocolate, and bubbles!
Romance sparkles in February
Of course, we may be a little bit biased, but we think Biltmore Wines make any occasion more romantic. Choose one of our sparkling wines, handcrafted in the traditional méthode champenoise, and raise your glass to someone special!
• Château Reserve Blanc de Blancs North Carolina: our finest sparkling, bursting with tiny bubbles plus tropical and citrus flavors
• Blanc de Blancs: Good acidity and balance complemented by hints of lemon, apple, and pear
• Brut: good balance of citrus and strawberries with hints of honey and apricot
• Blanc de Noir: crisp with a delightful light pink hue and flavors of cherries and strawberriest
• Pas de Deux Sparkling Moscato: Semi-sweet with flavors of wild strawberry and lemon
Learn more about our sparkling wines here.