Diversity and Inclusion at Biltmore
Biltmore welcomes, respects, supports, and values diverse guests and employees, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but essential for the preservation of this special place for generations to come. We build relationships to create inclusive communities, develop and empower diverse leadership, and invest in team and community development.
Our Approach to Diversity & Inclusion
- Nurturing a workforce that attracts and empowers people as diverse as the over 1.7 million annual guests that we serve.
- Enforcing our zero-tolerance policy for racism, harassment, and discrimination.
- Prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion as a company-wide initiative.
- Providing a culture which allows employees to bring their whole selves to work, which creates a sense of belonging for all.
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Equity training which covers topics such as unconscious bias, harassment, discrimination, and ethics.
- Philanthropic partnerships with organizations of Western North Carolina, including: Mountain Housing Opportunities, OnTrack WNC, Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, Working Wheels, and Eblen Charities.
- Partnering with inclusion-focused community events and organizations, including: WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition, Asheville Latino Steering Committee, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Association Prayer Breakfast, and various veteran’s programs, such as Compensated Work Therapy and Goodwill Industries of WNC Operation: Good Jobs.