Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Information We Gather
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Biltmore.com and mobile app experience. Here are the types of information we gather:
- User Information: The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register by “Signing the Guest Book”, however, registration with us is optional. When you register with this Application, you generally provide your first and last name and email address. We also store any other information you may voluntarily provide in other features of this Application. You may always choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Application’s features. We use information that you provide for such purposes as customizing your Application experience, improving our Application and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you download and access our Application, including but not limited to the type of mobile device that you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address for your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, the time and date of your visits, the specific features you use when accessing our Application, and other information and statistics about the way you use the Application. You may stop all collection of this information at anytime by uninstalling this Application from your mobile device.
- Location Services: You will be prompted to allow or deny this Application access to your current, real time location in order to access certain location-based services including the interactive location map and other personalized content and features. This Application will not access your current, real time location without your permission. Such location information will never be shared with other users or affiliates of this Application or its Developer. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services completely for all applications.
- Email Tracking: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often track when you open emails from us (if your mobile device supports such capabilities) and which links you click. If you want to adjust your preferences or stop receiving emails from us, please use the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of any of our emails.
Consent to Collection and Use of Information
By using the Application, you are consenting to our collection and use of the foregoing information, including but not limited to collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place within the United States.
Opting In And Opting Out
If you register through this Application, you will be asked if you would like to receive communications about special offers and information from Biltmore, and any of our affiliated brands or divisions. However, please note that providing your email address in any other respect shall be considered your agreement to receive communications about special offers and information from Biltmore and/or any of our affiliated brands or divisions. You may opt-out of receiving communications at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of any of our emails.
Limited Information Sharing
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Application users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give those businesses your personal information. At any time a user may opt-out of receiving email communications by using the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of our emails.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice that your personally identifiable information may be shared with third-parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share such information.
Data Retention and Security
We will retain your User Information and Automatic Information for as long as you use this Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you would like to have your User Information deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will comply with your request as soon as possible. Please note that some of the User Information may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
The security of your User Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or Cellular Data, can prevent all potential security breaches. We do provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and by downloading and accessing this Application, you transmit and authorize the collection of such information at your own risk. You will be notified, using the User Information we have maintained, in the event we believe there has been a security breach concerning your personally identifiable information.
Third Party Platforms
Certain practices are outside of our control, for example, any tracking by Google, Apple, third-party telecommunications carriers, or other platforms from which you download applications. We are not responsible for the actions of such third parties. You should always read and understand the policies of any third-party providers, such as Google with respect to Android applications, and Apple with respect to IOS Apps, as well as your wireless carrier, before making any purchase or downloading any applications.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
From time to time, we may run certain campaigns that provide you with the ability to send a text message to a specific short code and provide an opt-in to receive future text messages from The Biltmore Company or its affiliates. By opting-in you are consenting to providing your mobile phone number. If you choose to opt-in, you agree that we may, from time to time, send messages to the mobile device associated with that number about new products, promotions, services, or offers. Although there is no fee associated with this service, your carrier may charge you for each message you receive in accordance with your calling plan. By sending the text message opting-in, you agree that we are in no way responsible for such charges. If you do not wish to continue receiving text messages via your mobile device, you may opt-out at any time by following the instructions provided in the responsive text message. Failure to opt-out after you have previously provided an opt-in constitutes your consent to continue to receive these text messages.
Enforcement and Severability
Occasionally, we run sweepstakes and contests. We ask users who enter in the sweepstakes or contest to provide contact information (like an email address). If a user participates in a sweepstakes or contest, his/her contact information may be used to reach him/her about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing, and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communication that is not related to awarding prizes for the sweepstakes/contest.
You must be 18 years or older to participate in our sweepstakes/contests, and 21 years or older for any wine or beer sweepstakes/contests. For complete rules and regulations for specific sweepstakes/contests, please see the specific contest rules applicable.