Your Italian Adventure Awaits
Making its world premiere at Biltmore, Grande Experiences’ all-new multi-sensory experience is a spellbinding journey across Italy. Set to a powerful operatic score, it illuminates the masterworks of such icons as Michelangelo, Raphael, Botticelli, and Caravaggio.
A fitting tribute to George Vanderbilt’s lifelong passion for fine art, this must-see event immerses you in the beauty and brilliance of his favorite works from the greatest artistic period in history.
Enjoy a 2nd Day of Gardens & Grounds Access FREE
Biltmore Annual Passholders, please purchase your discounted exhibition tickets here.
What to Expect
This experience is hosted in Amherst at Deerpark®, Biltmore’s exhibition space on the grounds of the estate. To optimize your experience in this 45-minute exhibition, we encourage guests to dress comfortably and move about the space to enjoy a variety of perspectives of the artists’ masterworks.
Created by Grande Experiences
How much time should I expect to spend in the exhibition?
Please allow 45–75 minutes to fully experience Italian Renaissance Alive.
When can I visit the Legends of Art & Innovation exhibition?
Guests with exhibition access may visit any time during Amherst at Deerpark’s operating hours.
Do I have to see the exhibition the same day as my Biltmore House visit?
Yes; guests with exhibition access must visit the exhibition on the same day as their Biltmore House visit. The exhibition is open during Amherst at Deerpark’s operating hours.
Can I take photos/video inside Amherst at Deerpark®?
- Permitted: non-flash photography and video
- Not Permitted: commercial photography, video cameras, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, or any other photography equipment
Is there seating available in the exhibition?
Limited bench seating is available on a first come, first served basis in the exhibition hall. Guests may leave the exhibition hall and use the seating in the gallery and return to the exhibition hall.
What is the travel time between Amherst at Deerpark® and other estate locations?
- Please allow at least 45 minutes to travel between locations and park your vehicle.
- Parking for the exhibition is located in the Deerpark/Lioncrest parking lot.
- There is a limited number of ADA parking spots in front of Amherst.
- NOTE: We do not offer complimentary estate-wide transportation. To enjoy and explore all that Biltmore has to offer, including the exhibition, we recommend guests a) arrive in their own vehicle, b) make reservations in advance for a rental vehicle, or c) purchase Biltmore Express shuttle service from any Guest Services location on day of arrival.
I have allergies. Will the scents bother me?
For Italian Renaissance Alive, the scents include top notes of saffron, grapefruit, and elemi, middle notes of cedarwood and oudh, and base notes of amber and musk. These products are rated for professional/industrial use, similar to an air freshener. If you experience fragrance allergies or sensitivities, please consult your physician prior to purchasing tickets for this exhibition.
How do I get FREE next-day access to Biltmore's gardens and grounds?
Purchase a ticket that includes BOTH Biltmore House AND exhibition admission, and you’ll enjoy FREE next-day access to the estate. That’s a full second day to explore and enjoy all we have to offer, from glorious gardens and grounds to Antler Hill Village & Winery!