Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Jalapeño Chimichurri
Written By Sharon Fenchak
Wine & Food
Chef Damien Cavicchi is heating things up this summer with his recipe for Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Jalapeño Chimichurri.
For a delicious pairing, serve this dish with Biltmore Century White. The wine is refreshing, with hints of tropical and citrus fruit, plus a nice balance of sweetness to tame a bit of the spicy heat in this sizzling summer favorite!
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups cilantro, large stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups Italian flat leaf parsley, large stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Zest and juice of 2 large limes
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 24 large shrimp (about 1½ pounds), peeled and deveined
Preheat grill, grill pan, or iron skillet to medium-high heat. Grill jalapeños until black on sides, about 5 minutes. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to loosen outer skin. Remove black outer skin, stem, and seeds. Finely chop peppers. In the bowl of a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, onions, peppers, garlic, cumin, and lime zest and juice. With motor running, add ½ cup oil in a steady stream. Stop processor to scrape down sides of bowl, and pulse a few more times to achieve a medium-coarse texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss shrimp with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill about 2 minutes per side on the hottest part of the grill, until pink and opaque. Serve immediately with chimichurri sauce.