About Your Upcoming Visit
Biltmore®, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina, is the perfect escape. To help you make the most of your visit, we offer the following planning tips:
Tickets & Reservations
- Purchase your tickets in advance. With seven or more days’ advance purchase, you’ll save $10 per ticket. Purchase advance tickets online or by calling 800-411-3812.
- Tickets are required for admission to the estate; you will need to present them for admission to Biltmore House and to our Winery, so please keep your tickets with you at all times.
- If your tickets are at Will Call, please pick them up at the Reception & Ticketing Sales Center prior to approaching the Admissions Gate.
- If your tickets are Print at Home, please print your tickets before arriving.
- Reservations are required for your self-guided visit of Biltmore House. Guests who arrive without a Biltmore House Reservation cannot be guaranteed Biltmore House entry. Reserve House Time.
- Arrive at the front of Biltmore House approximately 5 minutes prior to your reserved Biltmore House entry time.
- Call to make additional dining or activity reservations at one of our many estate restaurants and for tours and activities.
Parking & Transportation
- Arrive on the estate at least 45 minutes prior to your Biltmore House entry to allow time to park and catch a shuttle to Biltmore House.
- A car is required for travel between locations on the estate. Biltmore guests are often surprised by the size of the estate, so it is important to plan before your arrival. View Travel Distances.
- Parking is included with admission; you may choose from the following options:
- Park & Ride lots that provide free shuttle transportation to the front of Biltmore House.
- Park & Walk lots that require a 5- to 10-minute walk to Biltmore House.
RV drivers and those with special needs should contact the first available parking host for assistance. View Estate Accessibility.
- During the busy holiday season, please allow extra travel time. For a more leisurely visit, consider joining us Sunday–Friday when you will typically encounter fewer guests. See Hours of Operation.
Arrival & Estate Entry
- For your safety and for the protection of this historic home, all guests must enter through a security scanner for each entry to the house. In some circumstances, bags, packages, and boxes will also be inspected by security personnel. We reserve the right to refuse admission for any bag, parcel, or other item. Weapons are prohibited. View Estate Policies.
- Dress comfortably. Wear walking shoes and layers for the changing mountain weather.
- Review our suggested itineraries and FAQs for additional information.
How Long Should You Plan to Stay?
Plan on spending at least one full day at Biltmore. Two days are recommended because there is so much to see and do on our 8,000-acre estate: the house, gardens, Winery, working farm, and a variety of outdoor activities, shops, and exceptional dining options.
This guide approximates the number of hours needed for your visit:
|Activities Included in Admission|
|Biltmore House||2 Hours|
|Gardens & Conservatory||2-3 Hours|
|Antler Hill Village & Winery||2-3 Hours|
|Total Visit Time||6-8 Hours|
|Optional Activities (Additional Cost)|
|Specialty Tour||1-2 Hours|
|Outdoor Activity||1-4 Hours|
|Total Visit Time With Optional Activities||8-18 Hours|
Spending the night on the estate at one of our three splendid properties allows you time to savor all that Biltmore has to offer: the grandeur of Biltmore House, its 8,000-acre backyard, and our time-honored tradition of gracious hospitality. Overnight stay packages include estate admission, breakfast, and estate shuttle service for the length of your stay.