Add some sparkle to your holidays
All Things Biltmore • 12/03/15
Written By Marissa Jamison
George and Edith Vanderbilt were known for their hospitality as well as their holiday celebrations that highlighted the ultimate in food and wine for their guests. We love to carry on their traditions—and create new ones—by adding our sparkling wines to the holiday mix along with customary red and white selections. Here are some helpful tips for serving and pairing sparkling wines:
Serve sparkling like a pro
- Sparkling wines are best served at 33-40 degrees
- Chill the bottle in the refrigerator prior to opening. The cold temperature helps preserve the bubbles when opening the bottle.
- To open sparkling wine, hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle. Loosen the cage and hold the cork. Gently twist the cork until you hear a whisper of a pop.
- Holding a towel over the cork when opening will help catch any spills that may occur
- After opening, all sparkling wines begin to lose their bubbles, so it’s best to drink them as soon as possible. Cheers!
Ready to stock up for your holiday celebrations? Save 20% on all our sparkling wines during the month of December when you order online!
Here’s a list of our festive Biltmore bubblies, perfect for every occasion:
- Châteaux Reserve Blanc de Blancs North Carolina: Our finest sparkling, crafted from estate-grown grapes and featuring tiny bubbles with tropical and citrus flavors. Pair with Oysters Rockefeller, scallops, shrimp, and Dungeness crab.
- Biltmore Estate Blanc de Blancs: Good acidity and balance are complemented by hints of green apple and pear. Pair with oysters on the half shell, crab, scallops, smoked trout and soft cheeses.
- Biltmore Estate Brut: This refreshing blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir offers a good balance of strawberries and key lime. Pair with eggs benedict, caviar, sashimi, and scallops.
- Biltmore Estate Blanc de Noir: careful aging produces this crisp sparkling wine with a delightful light pink hue and flavors of cherries and strawberries. Pair with turkey, pound cake, fresh fruit, and Brie cheese.
- Pas de Deux Moscato: Semi-sweet and bursting with tiny bubbles, this aromatic wine features the essence of orange blossom and flavors of wild strawberry and lemon. Pair with fresh fruit, chocolate-covered strawberries, crème brulee, and pumpkin pie.
From appetizers and entrees to decadent desserts, add extra sparkle to your holiday celebrations with Biltmore Wines!