Our Sparkling Wines Make New Year’s Shine!
Written By Marissa Jamison
Biltmore sparkling wines make New Year’s shine–and they’re perfect for any other holiday or special occasion!
“George and Edith Vanderbilt were known for their hospitality,” said Sharon Fenchak, Biltmore’s Winemaker. “And when it came to their holiday and New Year’s celebrations, they made sure to add even more sparkle, so to speak, for their guests to enjoy while visiting Biltmore.”
We love to carry on Vanderbilt family traditions—and create new ones—by adding our sparkling wines to New Year’s celebrations along with favorite red, white, and rosé selections from our estate Winery.
Here are Sharon’s helpful tips for serving and pairing sparkling wines:
Serve sparkling wines like a pro
- Sparkling wines are best served at 33-40 degrees.
- Chill the bottle in the refrigerator prior to opening. The cold temperature helps preserve the bubbles when opening the bottle.
- To open sparkling wine, hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle. Loosen the cage and hold the cork. Gently twist the cork until you hear a whisper of a pop.
- Holding a towel over the cork when opening will help catch any spills that may occur.
- After opening, all sparkling wines begin to lose their bubbles, so it’s best to drink them as soon as possible.
Biltmore bubbles add sparkle to any occasion
From easy appetizers and classic cocktails to decadent desserts, add extra sparkle to your New Year’s celebrations with the delightful handcrafted bubbles of Biltmore sparkling wines!
- Biltmore Estate® Blanc de Noir: Fruit-forward and refreshing with flavors of cherries and strawberries and a pretty pink holiday hue.
- Pairing suggestions: flounder, mahi-mahi, turkey, pound cake, brie cheese, and fresh fruit
- Easy appetizer to delight your guests: Kahlúa®-Pecan Brie
- Pas de Deux® Sec: Semi-sweet and bursting with tiny bubbles, this aromatic wine features the essence of orange blossom and flavors of wild strawberry and lemon.
- Pairing suggestions: fresh fruit, chocolate-covered strawberries, crème brulee, pumpkin pie
- Decadent dessert to grace your holiday table: Praline Pumpkin Pie
- Biltmore Estate® Château Reserve Blanc de Blancs: Our finest sparkling wine, handcrafted from exceptional Chardonnay grapes harvested in Biltmore’s own vineyard.
- Pairing suggestions: caviar, pâté, oysters on the half shell, aged asiago cheese, ceviche, and wedding cake
- Classic cocktail to toast the New Year: French Rose 75