It’s always fun to add new holiday decorations to your overall design, and this season you can recreate a classic figure with a fresh, new twist. Reindeer made from wine corks and twigs are inexpensive and easy to make. And just like snowflakes, no two are alike.
- (4) 2” Dry twigs
- (1) 1” Dry twig
- 2 Dry twigs that branch off
- Drill and 5/32 drill bit
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 2 Wine corks
- Small red bead
- Green sheet moss
- Drill 4 small holes into one side of a wine cork. These will hold the reindeer’s legs.
- Flip the wine cork over, and drill one more hole on the other side near the end of the cork. This will hold the reindeer’s neck.
- To make the head, take the second cork and drill a small hole near the end of it. Then flip it over, and drill two more holes on the other side.
- Add a dab of hot glue and then push a 2” dry twigs into each of the four holes in your first wine cork to make the reindeer’s legs.
- Add hot glue and a 1” dry twig in your second wine cork.
- Then attach the two corks together, creating the reindeer’s body.
- Next, add your reindeer’s antlers. Put hot glue in the top two holes of the head, and add the twigs that branch off.
- To really give your reindeer personality, add a small red bead for his nose, then tie a charm or bell on the raffia and hang it around the neck.
Create a small holiday herd and place them in a bed of moss, or hang several in your tree. These fun, festive reindeer are sure to add holiday cheer to any room in your home.